This page will help you with the solutions for the Comcast mail server issues like ”IMAP.Comcast.Net not responding” and ”Comcast is not receiving emails.”
IMAP.Comcast.net not responding:
Most of the iOS device users have encountered this issue frequently. The causes of this issue are listed below:
- Step 1:Misconfigured account settings
- Step 2:Poor Internet connection
- Step 3:Using incompatible devices and outdated settings
- Step 4:Corrupted Comcast server settings
If you encounter the “IMAP.Comcast.net not responding” issue on your iPhone or iPad, then perform the step-by-step instructions given below to reconfigure your account settings.
Before that, makes sure that your iOS device is connected to a stable internet connection.
- Step 1:On your iOS, open Settings.
- Step 2:Tap on the Mail, Contacts, Calendars option followed by Add Account.
- Step 3:Select Add Mail Account > Other.
- Step 4:Now, you have to enter your Comcast account settings manually.
- Step 5:Once you have entered your account settings, tap the Next button.
- Step 6:Make sure to enter the Incoming Mail Server and Outgoing Mail Server settings correctly when prompted.
- Step 7:Once you have configured the Comcast account, check if the “IMAP.Comcast.Net not responding” issue is resolved.
- Step 8:To check it, try to send a test mail.
Comcast not receiving emails:
It is the other major issue faced by most of the Comcast mail users. The causes of the comcast mail server issues are listed below.
- Step 1:Improper internet connectivity
- Step 2:Incorrect recipient email address
- Step 3:Email filter
- Step 4:Unwanted browser caches and cookies
- Step 5:Blocked file extensions
If you also encounter the same, then perform the quick troubleshooting instructions given below to resolve it.
1. Connect your device to a stable internet connection
- Step 1:In most cases, a poor internet connection might cause this issue.
- Step 2:Check if your computer is connected to a stable internet connection. If not, connect it.
- Step 3:Now, ask your recipient to send a mail.
- Step 4:If you receive the email, then the issue is resolved.
- Step 5:If not, proceed with the remaining troubleshooting steps.
2. Restore the missing email from the spam folder
- Step 1:In some cases, the emails that you have received may be forwarded to the Spam folder.
- Step 2:Look for the missing email(s) in the Spam folder, then select them and move them to the desired folder.
3. Unblock the recipient
- Step 1:Check if your recipient is blocked.
- Step 2:If yes, go to the Block list and unblock your recipient.
- Step 3:Now, ask the unblock recipient to send an email.
- Step 4:If you receive the email message, then the comcast mail server issues is resolved.
- Step 5:If not, try the next solution.
4. Clear your browser cookies and cache
- Step 1:Sometimes, the presence of unwanted cookies or cache might also cause this issue.
- Step 2:Open your web browser and clear the unwanted cookies and cache data.
- Step 3:Now, check if you’re able to receive the emails.