Compuserve is the first e-mail service provider that offered mail capabilities and technical support to personal computer users. Using the classic version of this email service, users can send and receive e-mail messages from any e-mail clients. Compuserve email settings for Pop3, IMAP, iPhone & Outlook are given below:
- Step 1: Incoming server (POP/IMAP): pop3
- Step 2: Incoming server address: pop.compuserve.com
- Step 3: Port number of POP3: 110
- Step 4: Security: none
- Step 1: Server address: smtp.compuserve.com
- Step 2: Port number of SMTP: 25
- Step 3: Sign-in: required
The procedure to set up the Compuserve email settings for an account on your iPhone or on the Outlook email client is given below.
For iPhone users:
- Step 1: Switch on your iPhone if it is turned OFF.
- Step 2: Tap the Settings icon to open it.
- Step 3: Select the Passwords & Accounts option followed by Add account.
- Step 4: Choose the Add main account option.
- Step 5: Now, enter your Compuserve Classis email address, password, and a short description of it in the given fields.
- Step 6: After that, select the POP3 option and enter the incoming mail server details in the given fields.
- Step 7: Similarly, choose the SMTP option.
- Step 8: Enter the SMTP settings in the given fields.
- Step 9: Click the Next button.
- Step 10: Select your Compuserve e-mail account.
- Step 11: Click the Save button.
- Step 12: Now, the newly created Compuserve e-mail account will be displayed in the accounts section.
- Step 13: Select it and click the Advanced option.
- Step 14: Check if the incoming and outgoing mail server details are correct.
- Step 15: Tap the Done button.
- Step 16: Restart your iPhone to save the settings.
Compuserve Email Settings For Outlook users:
- Step 1: Launch the Outlook application.
- Step 2: Click the File tab followed by the Account Settings option.
- Step 3: Select the New option followed by E-mail.
- Step 4: Click the Server Settings option.
- Step 5: Choose the Internet E-mail Addresses option by clicking the radio button beside it.
- Step 6: Enter the Compuserve e-mail username, e-mail address, incoming address, outgoing address, and password in the given fields.
- Step 7: Similarly, enter the port number and security type correctly in the Advanced section.
- Step 8: After entering all information, click the Test Account Settings button.
- Step 9: If you have configured the account correctly, then you will receive the test email message successfully.
Contact us if you need remote assistance for the Compuserve email settings.