AOL mail is a free web-based email service. It gives you personalized experience to connect with your business clients and family. If you don’t have an AOL email account, you can create a new one from the official AOL website.
Consider the instructions that are given below to know how to setup AOL mail on iPhone.
Method 1: Automatic Setup
- Step 1: Open the Settings application and select the Passwords & Accounts tab by scrolling down.
- Step 2: Select the Add Account option and choose AOL as the email provider.
- Step 3: Type your email address and touch Next.
- Step 4: Enter the password of your email account and log in to your AOL mail account.
- Step 5: Select the apps you want to use with your email account.
- Step 6: You can select to sync Mail, Calendar, and Notes.
- Step 7: Once your account is set up, you will be able to access your AOL email account on your iPhone.
Method 2: Manual Setup
- Step 1: If you are setting up your AOL account manually, you have to select the Other option instead of selecting AOL as the email service provider.
- Step 2: Choose the account type as POP or IMAP.
- Step 3: The incoming mail server address for POP is pop.aol.com.
- Step 4: Enter the port number for a POP account as 995. Select the connection type as SSL.
- Step 5: If you have selected IMAP as the account type, enter the mail server address as imap.aol.com.
- Step 6: Enter the port number for an SSL connection as 993.
- Step 7: Type the outgoing mail server address as smtp.aol.com. Enter the port number as 465 for a secured connection. Make sure to save all the settings you have made.
- Step 8: Restart your iPhone and open the Mail app.
- Step 9: You have now successfully configured your AOL email account on iPhone.
- Step 10: You can easily send and receive emails from the Mail app. If you need remote assistance to how to setup AOL mail on iPhone, click the call button.