The Outlook email client comes with features that make it easy to configure any email account. The import/export of contacts, addresses, and other details are supported in Outlook. This article explains how to import email addresses from excel to Outlook.
For The Latest Version Of Outlook
Importing email addresses from Excel to Outlook (2012 or 2016) takes place in three steps. Now, let’s see those steps in detail.
Steps To Import
Step 1: Save The Excel file In .csv Format
Initially, you need to save the Excel file that contains all the email addresses with the .csv extension.
- Step 1:Open the Excel sheet that you wish to import.
- Step 2:Go to the Save As dialog box by clicking File > Save As.
- Step 3:Choose the location to save the file.
- Step 4:After selecting it from the Save as type drop-down menu, select the CSV (Comma delimited) (*.csv) option.
- Step 5:Now, click on the Save button followed by OK.
Step 2: Import The Email Addresses
- Step 1:Launch the Outlook 2012 or 2016 application installed on your computer.
- Step 2:Go to the File menu.
- Step 3:Click on the Open & Export option.
- Step 4:Select the Import/Export option.
- Step 5:Now, a dialog box titled Import and Export Wizard will open.
- Step 6:In the opened dialog box, locate and click on the option that says Import from another program or file.
- Step 7:Click on the Next button.
- Step 8:Now, select the CSV or Comma Separated Values option.
- Step 9:Click on the Browse button and select the .csv file that you have created.
- Step 10:Select the contacts, destination folder, and other necessary options prompted on the screen.
- Step 11:Click on the Next button.
- Step 12:If the Import “file_name.csv” option is not selected, select it.
- Step 13:Click on the Finish button.
- Step 14:Now, the import process will be initiated.
- Step 15:Once the folder that contains your email addresses is imported to Outlook, you’ll receive a success message on the screen.
Step 3: Map The Imported Email Addresses
If you wish to view the imported email addresses, you need to map the CSV file to Outlook’s contact fields.
- Step 1:Locate the Map Custom Fields button on the main screen of Outlook and click on it.
- Step 2:Now, the Map Custom Fields dialog box will open.
- Step 3:Set the From and To formats.
- Step 4:Click on the Finish button.
Congratulations! You have successfully imported your email addresses from Excel to Outlook.
For Outlook 2010
- Step 1:Initially, make sure that you have created the contact folder in Excel format.
- Step 2:Now, open the Outlook 2010 application.
- Step 3:Locate, highlight, and right-click on the Contacts folder.
- Step 4:Select the New Folder option.
- Step 5:In the given field, type the desired folder name and click OK.
- Step 6:Now, access the File menu.
- Step 7:Select Open > Import.
- Step 8:In the Import and Export dialog box, select the option that says Import from another program or file.
- Step 9:Click on the Next button.
- Step 10:Choose the Comma Separated Values (Windows) option.
- Step 11:Select the Excel folder that you wish to import by clicking the Browse button.
- Step 12:Choose the file that you have created and click Next.
- Step 13:Once the import is done, map the contact folder with Outlook by clicking the Map custom fields option.
To get remote assistance to import email addresses from excel to Outlook, contact us.