The error 0x80042109 may occur in Outlook while you are trying to send emails. The sent emails fail to reach the recipient, and you will receive this error on your screen. The error only affects your Outlook account and doesn’t cause any defects to the computer. You will receive this error if your Outlook account is unable to connect to the outgoing mail server.Carry out the steps that are given below to fix the sending reported error 0x80042109.
First Step: Reset Outlook
- Step 1: Press the Start menu and go to Settings.
- Step 2: Select Apps and locate the Outlook application.
- Step 3: Click Reset and open your Outlook app.
- Step 4: Now, configure your Outlook account and check whether you can send emails.
Second Step: Install pending updates
- Step 1: Install the pending updates on your computer, if any.
- Step 2: Right-click on the Windows icon on the taskbar.
- Step 3: Select the Settings option from the displayed list.
- Step 4: Open Update & security and click the Check for Updates option.
- Step 5: If there are any pending updates, download and install them.
- Step 6: Restart your computer after installing the updates.
Third Step: Disable the proxy server
- Step 1: If the issue persists, press the Windows and S buttons together.
- Step 2: When the search box appears, type “cmd.” Then, press Ctrl+Shift+Enter keys together.
- Step 3: When the elevated form of Command Prompt appears, type “netsh winhttp reset proxy.”
- Step 4: The above command will remove your proxy server.
- Step 5: Now, connect your computer to the internet directly to resolve sending reported error 0x80042109.
Fourth Step: Disable Antivirus software
- Step 1: If you have installed any third-party Antivirus software other than Windows Defender on your computer, uninstall it.
- Step 2: The Security app installed on your computer may interfere with the Outlook app.
- Step 3: Disable or Stop your Antivirus software temporarily.
- Step 4: Right-click on the Antivirus icon on the taskbar and select Disable.
- Step 5: Also, disable any firewall installed on your computer.
Fifth Step: Verifying internet connection
- Step 1: Check your internet connection by accessing other websites.
- Step 2: You may also receive the Outlook error if your internet connection is too slow.
- Step 3: Restart the router and modem connected to your computer.
- Step 4: If you are using a wireless connection, switch to a wired connection.
- Step 5: Reboot your computer and try to send emails from the Outlook account.
- Step 6: If the sending reported error 0x80042109 issue persists, reinstall Outlook to resolve the issue.