To access your Suddenlink email account on desktop email clients like Mailbird, Microsoft Outlook, and Mozilla Thunderbird, you need the POP/IMAP and SMTP settings. POP (Post Office Protocol) downloads the emails from the mail server, whereas SMTP (Simple Mail Transfer Protocol) is used to send the emails to the mail server. Below are the Suddenlink email POP and SMTP settings required for configuring your email account in the email clients.
- Step 1: Incoming mail server name: pop.suddenlink.net
- Step 2: Server port number: 995
- Step 3: Security type: SSL
- Step 1:Outgoing mail server name: smtp.suddenlink.net
- Step 2:Server port number: 465
- Step 3:Security type: SSL
Steps to configure the Suddenlink email account settings in Mailbird:
- Step 1: Launch the Mailbird app on your computer.
- Step 2: Click the Menu icon (hamburger icon) at the top-left corner and select Options from the drop-down list.
- Step 3: Select the Accounts option from the left-side panel.
- Step 4: Click the Add button and enter your Suddenlink email account details such as email address and password in the required fields.
- Step 5: Click Continue and configure the Suddenlink email POP settings on the Edit settings screen.
- Step 6: Under the Incoming server section, choose POP from the Server type drop-down menu.
- Step 7: Type the incoming mail server name in the Server name field.
- Step 8: Input the server port number in the Port box.
- Step 9: Choose SSL as your encryption type and enter your Suddenlink email address in the Username field.
- Step 10: Input your Suddenlink email account password in the Password field.
- Step 11: Under the Outgoing server section, enter the outgoing mail server name in the SMTP server field.
- Step 12: Input the outgoing server port number in the Port box.
- Step 13: Choose SSL as your encryption type.
- Step 14: Input the username and password in the required fields and click Continue.
Now, your account will be added to your Mailbird.
Steps to configure the Suddenlink email settings in the Outlook app:
- Step 1: Start by opening the Outlook app on your computer.
- Step 2: In the Outlook window, click the File tab.
- Step 3: Select the Info option from the left-side panel and click the Add Account button.
- Step 4: On the Auto Account Setup screen, select the Manual setup or additional server types option.
- Step 5: Click Next and choose the POP or IMAP option.
- Step 6: Next, enter the Suddenlink email account details in the User Information and Logon Information sections.
- Step 7: Under Server Information, enter the Suddenlink email POP and SMTP settings.
- Step 8: Click on More Settings and select the My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication checkbox in the Outgoing Server tab.
- Step 9: Also, enable the Use same settings as my incoming mail server radio button in the Outgoing Server tab.
- Step 10: Click the Advanced tab and input the server port number and security type for the incoming and outgoing mail servers.
- Step 11: Click OK and then select Test Account Settings to verify the account settings.
- Step 12: After completing the verification, click Next and select Finish to complete the account setup.
You have now seen how to configure the Suddenlink email POP settings in Mailbird and Outlook.