When trying to send or access emails on your Webmail account, sometimes, you might see the message “Authentication failed.” It indicates a problem with the email account. There are various causes for authentication errors, such as wrong server settings, incorrect user name, invalid password, server block, or wrong IP address. Continue reading to learn the fixes of the Webmail authentication error.
Solution-1: Check Email Username & Password
- Step 1:Open a browser on the computer and log in to your Webmail account.
- Step 2:Navigate to the settings menu and open the mail server settings.
- Step 3:When you enter the wrong username and password, you cannot access the emails.
- Step 4:See if the CapsLock and the NumLock are enabled and then enter the correct username and password for the server authentication.
- Step 5:In case you are using the browser auto-fill to enter the password instead of manually entering it, delete the saved password, and type the correct password.
- Step 6:If using the same credentials for the incoming server authentication, again enter them under incoming mail server settings.
Solution-2: Verify Mail Server Settings
- Step 1:Go to the mail server settings menu of your email account.
- Step 2:Check if the incoming mail server type is correct, then make sure to enter the valid server address & port number.
- Step 3:Also, see if the outgoing mail server settings such as port number and server address are correct.
- Step 4:Choose the valid security type for both the mail servers and save the changes.
Solution-3: Check The Number Of Sent Emails
- Step 1:When you send several emails at a time, then you might have reached the maximum limit.
- Step 2:The server cannot send more than the limit specified, and it prompts the authentication error.
- Step 3:Wait for some time and then try to send the emails one by one later.
Solution-4: Reset The Password
- Step 1:If the error occurs even after trying the above solutions, go to the server settings.
- Step 2:Change the old authentication password and save it.
- Step 3:Refresh, open the webmail account again and try to send the email. Now your Webmail authentication error is resolved.