Users repeatedly experience Windows mail error code 0x8000000b. This error occurs because the Windows 10 OS has a built-in email client application (Mail) that syncs the Gmail or Yahoo account when you enter your login credentials to access your email account. The Mail app communicates with the email server and gets to the settings.
However, the Error Code 0x8000000b doesn't allow the server to verify your email account.
Causes Of The Error
- Step 1: Incorrect credentials.
- Step 2: Slow internet connection.
- Step 3: Disabled POP & IMAP.
- Step 4: Windows Defender or antivirus program is blocking access.
Here are some methods to fix the Error Code 0x8000000b.
Turn Off Antivirus Protection
- Step 1: Click Start on the computer.
- Step 2: Go to Settings and select the Update& Security Option.
- Step 3: Select Virus & Threat protection > Manage settings.
- Step 4: Switch Real-time protection to off.
- Step 5: Click Yes to confirm the change. Now check that Windows mail error code 0x8000000b is resolved, if not proceed with the next method.
Turn Off Windows Defender
- Step 1: Click on Start and Search for Windows Defender Security Center.
- Step 2: Select Windows Defender and go to 'Firewall and network protection.'
- Step 3: Tap on Network Profile and Switch OFF the Windows Firewall.
Permit Mail Through Windows Firewall
- Step 1: Go to Windows Defender Security Center.
- Step 2: Select 'Firewall and network protection.'
- Step 3: Choose 'Allow An App Through Firewall' and click on Change Settings.
- Step 4: Select the 'Private' and 'Public' boxes for Mail.
- Step 1: Log into your Gmail account.
- Step 2: Hit the gear icon and then select Settings.
- Step 3: Go to the 'Forwarding and POP/IMAP' tab.
- Step 4: Select 'Enable IMAP' and hit the SAVE button.
Allow Less Secure Apps
- Step 1: Go to your Gmail account page, click on the profile picture, and select Google Account.
- Step 2: Tap on the Sign-in Security and select Apps with account access.
- Step 3: Turn on the toggle button of Allow less secure apps.
- Step 4: After turning on this feature, Google may send you a warning mail.
Remove Your Account
- Step 1: Open the Start menu on your computer.
- Step 2: Type Mail in the search bar.
- Step 3: Go to the Settings and select 'Delete Account.'
- Step 4: Remove your account and again add your email account to the Mail app. Follow these instructions to get rid of the Windows mail error code 0x8000000b.