Xplornet.com is a broadband internet service provider in Canada that allows Canadians in rural areas to access high-speed Internet. It is one of the fastest and largest rural wireless service providers. Xplornet.com also offers email services to its users. On this page, you’ll learn the Xplornet.Com Mail settings and see how to use them to configure your account with an email client.
Incoming and outgoing server settings of the Xplornet.com mail
- Step 1: Account type: IMAP
- Step 2: Port: 993
- Step 3: Server address: imap.xplornet.com
- Step 4: SSL: Yes, required
- Step 5: Username: Your Xplornet.com account’s email address
- Step 6: Account type: POP
- Step 7: Port: 995
- Step 8: Server address: pop.xplornet.com
- Step 9: SSL: Yes, required
- Step 10: Username: Your Xplornet.com account’s email address
- Step 1: Account type: SMTP
- Step 3: Server address: smtp.xplornet.com
- Step 4: SSL: Yes, required
- Step 5: Authentication: Yes, required
Now, let’s see how to configure the account with an email client using the Xplornet.com mail settings.
For Android (Gmail)
- Step 1: Launch the Gmail app on the Android phone that is connected to the Internet.
- Step 2: Now, open the Add an email account screen by tapping the + Add an email address option. In case you are unable to find this option, then go to the Gmail application’s Menu section and tap Settings > Add Account.
- Step 3: On the opened Add Account screen, select the Other option by tapping on it.
- Step 4: In the given field, type your Xplornet.com email account’s address and tap Next.
- Step 5: Choose the incoming server type as Personal (IMAP).
- Step 6: In the prompted field, type your account’s password and tap Next.
- Step 7: Similarly, when prompted, enter your account’s IMAP and SMTP server addresses in the given fields.
- Step 8: Configure the account settings as per your desire.
- Step 9: Finally, tap Next > Done.
For iOS v14
- Step 1: On the Settings screen, tap on the Mail option.
- Step 2: Select the Accounts option followed by Add Account.
- Step 3: Tap Other > Add Mail Account.
- Step 4: In the Name field, type the name of your desire.
- Step 5: Type your Xplornet.com email account’s address and password in the Email and Password fields.
- Step 6: If necessary, fill in the Description field.
- Step 7: Tap Next.
- Step 8: When prompted, type your account’s IMAP and SMTP server setting details in the given fields and tap Next.
- Step 9: Select the apps you wish to sync with the mail account and tap Save.
- Step 10: Now, return to the Mail screen of your iOS device.
- Step 11: Tap on the account you have set up and check whether its IMAP and SMTP server ports are configured correctly.
- Step 12: If not, configure them correctly and tap Save > Done.
For Apple Mail (macOS)
- Step 1: Open Apple Mail on your Mac computer.
- Step 2: Go to the Mail menu and select Add Account > Add Other Account.
- Step 3: Click on the Mail Account option.
- Step 4: Type your account credentials, such as email address and password, in the given fields and tap Done.
- Step 5: Now, go to the Mail, Preferences window.
- Step 6: Choose the email account you wish to configure and follow the prompts displayed on the screen to finish the setup.
- Step 7: Once the account is configured, send a test email to check whether the configuration is done correctly.
To know more about Xplornet.Com Mail settings, contact us.